CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT090 Turntable Timing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CED123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: SJT090 Turntable Timing Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to this forum and CED tech. Due to the generous free belt program I received a function motor belt and this unit will now play discs automatically. Thanks much!!!

I have a question though. Ive only run it with the cover off and I noticed that once the unit unloads the disc the loading arm retracts below the hole in the turntable when I push the power button to turn it off. If you move the unit the hole is misaligned. I'm concerned the loading arm will miss the hole and break the unit. This unit was purchased at a flea market. Someone had turned it upside down I guess because the turntable was out of its position and stuck into the back of the machine. I moved it back into position.

Is there a timing that needs to be done on this? It plays well. But I'm not sure what its suppose to do and I don't want to break it.

I also was wondering if I should remove the turntable to see if the thrust washer is in place or missing, etc. The turntable needs to be raised a bit; it makes a little click, click. Is there a safe procedure to remove the turntable and see if the washer is there or if there's something under there clicking?

I remember seeing these machines in magazines and TV ads in my late teens and early 20s. I wanted one then but couldn't afford it. VHS VCRs were everywhere. This is only the second CED machine I've seen in my area.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: