CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belt for Toshiba

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtothen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Belt for Toshiba Reply with quote

I fixed my Ward GEN 10301 (without any help from you guys) and then the belt snapped. I was gonna order a new one, but I don't see the $30 Dollar replacement. Whats the deal? Is it sold out or something? cause I really don't wanna waste my money on a piece of crap replacement belt that likes to fall off...Whats the deal!?
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Ordering Parts for Toshiba/Wards Pulley Replacement Reply with quote

CED Magic doesn't sell the pulley, belt, and bore reducer needed for this upgrade, but they can be ordered from SDP/SI by clicking their "online store" link on the Toshiba Turntable Motor Pulley Replacement page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/toshiba-pulley/toshiba-pulley.html

Upon clicking the online store link, the SDP/SI eStore will open in a new window. One at a time, copy/paste the three catalog numbers from the CED Magic parts table into the SDP/SI search box, which will allow you to add them to your cart and complete the order.

--Tom Howe
brother

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: @ CED Magic Admin Reply with quote

Can you please advise postage cost for dirve belts to UK please - I probably want to order 4 of each type (4x4) for the hitachi players (As I have 4) .

I will be paying via Papypal

Thanks in advance
steve spill
Worcester UK
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: RE: Belts for Hitachi Players Reply with quote

For your Hitachi players, you probably only need to replace the Arm Drive Belt and the Loading Belt. The Urethane Timing Belts seldom wear out. To order four each of the arm drive and loading belts, it would take an extra 45 cents postage to ship to the U.K.

--Tom Howe
brother

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: @ CED Magic Admin Reply with quote

Hi Tom
You are about early (Estimate 4am in USA!)

Ive ordered belts via Papypal - I know what you said about timing belt but worth having one for spare seeming I have the 4 players. You will see from my order I actually put 2 x timing belts down (along with other belts) The idea being the $2 for one timing belt can be for postage as this was only way i could give post via paypal - thus only expecting one timing belt as part of my order.

Thank you for help
Kind Regards
Steve Spill
Worcester UK (And the sun is out!)
brother

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: to Tom Ced Magic Reply with quote

Hi tom
received belts today arrived safely to Worcester UK - and thank you for the little extras.

Just one quick question other than measuring size of belt - is there a difference in appearance of the hitachi player between 'early and late' loading belts.

Kind regards
steve spill
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: RE: Hitachi Loading Belts Reply with quote

Steve:

The loading belt in an early Hitachi player like the VIP1000 is an SCX4.3, while later Hitachi players like the VIP2000R used an SCX2.9 belt for both loading and arm drive. The number refers to the circumference of the belt, so these belts would definitely be different in appearance. A belt spec table can be found on the Belt Replacement Guide page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/belt-replacement-guide/belt-specs.html

--Tom Howe
brother

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: @ Tom Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and the info

Sunday is my service CED players day! (so stand by for another belt order)

I now see how much work you must put into your site - sorry i did not review the belt page directly - I only discovered Cucat last week as a result of your site (Now awaiting delivery of 3 via E-bay USA-I like having spares -spares).

It still makes me smile when talking to fellow uk Techno's they know Betamax / Laserdisc /Philips 2000 etc - but when i mention CED and then show them a player in operation the look on their faces is true classic - they all want one! trouble is im trying to collect all the uk ones for myself!

Keep up the good work - kind regards as always from steve spill in UK
brother

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: @ Tom CED Magic Admin Reply with quote

Tom Ive started a new topic to split away from Toshiba belt heading

Is there a technique or tool for replacing the loading belt - It appears you have to remove the spindle cog which is held in place by two plastic clips -which are quite brittle after 20 years and prone to break.I was thinking of using some form of leaver/tool/fork underneath te player through the clip access holes ansd easing them both away -

Have you tom /or anybody else changed this belt on the Hitachi VP201

PS - just so you know (im sure you do anyway) ive ordered some more belts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: