CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi VIP201P arm reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Hitachi VIP201P arm reset Reply with quote

Hi I have a Hitachi VIP201P player I have changed the belts and all is now running but for some reason the arm resets to the load position after about 30 secs any ideas would be very helpful.
Barry.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may have a problem with the stylus. If the stylus does not pick up a signal from the disc, the circuity will return it to the load position.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought but a have tried two styluses from working machines.
I also get the same resort with or without the stylus in the machine.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That beats the "you know what" out of me. One possible problem may be that the turntable is not spinning. Another, it could be that the circuitry has a problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried different discs?

What is in the caddy? Does it feel lighter than it should?
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the disc spins up all loads ok and I had tried other discs to.
Still no joy I have a spare machine so I will try changing the arm assy later.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the stylus kicker pulse isnt functioning...
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar issues with two of my Sears players. The stylus arm is
moving to the disc is controlled by a adjustment bar on the top of the arm to the rear. The ones I have a dark grey color. It looks like an upside down right angle and is made of light metal. There are small squares on this piece. Toward the back of the player, there is a metal crossbar that runs the width of the player. There is a small circuit about 3" from the left that comes down over this angled piece. It has 1 screw that holds it in place. That circuit has an smaller sensor that allows movement of the stylus arm by reading the small squares on the upside down angled piece and moves the arm to the correct position. It might be a sort of optical sensor. If you adjust the angled piece so the beam goes thru the small squares at the right time, it should work just right. There is an adjustment by a small spring loaded screw on the left side of the piece with the small squares. There is also an indicator mark to see how far you are adjusting the piece. It took me some time to figure this out but it has fixed 2 sears players and they work fine. The best I can assume is that when you take the stylus arm off to change the belt of the drive motor in the back left, the sensor gets moves or the arm gets out of alignment when you put the arm back in. Be careful with the small circuit on the top of the crossbar. If you tighten it too much it will crack. Not too tight, but not too loose. I don't know if this will work for you or not, but it is a possible solution. It could always be a bad board, I am not an expert on the circuit piece, just able to look at the mechanical stuff.
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the arm moves over to the disc and you can advance the arm to a different part of the disc .
It seems to me that the stylus is not making contact with the disc I have set the arm to a hight of about 16mm from the front roller the same as my other hitachi machines.
The odd thing is it does the same with or without a stylus.
It's in to good of condition to give up on it.
Barry
amal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: a Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm relatively new to the CED collecting world, but my family had an RCA model when I was kid, but I don't remember it very well. I ended up here thanks to some of the folks at LDDB and random internet searches. I mostly got into the media for nostalgia and happening across and older gentlemen who was getting rid of his old RCA player and a bunch of discs. Keeping it short, that's my story for now. Looking forward to interacting with everyone and hopefully learning more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: