CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA sgt 250 yard sale find disc stuck in machine flashing L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistercates

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: RCA sgt 250 yard sale find disc stuck in machine flashing L Reply with quote

I'm new to the group and to CED's, I picked up a RCA SGT250 with 31 discs for $10 at a yard sale. There is a Heaven Can Wait disc stuck in the player. When I plug it up the display flashes L and none of the buttons work. I took the cover off but can't tell anything about it. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated!
Glen M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to CED myself but may I suggest it sounds like one or more belts are slipping or broken. My PAL player had a similar issue in that it wouldn't lift the tray. There were two issues in that the belt at the motor that controls the arm position had broken so the arm could not reset home. Then there was the issue that the belt from the motor that lifts the motor was stretch and slipping. Once both where replaced it all worked again.
mistercates

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you had the problem with the belts could you hear the motor spinning? My player makes no sounds at all. The disc is still in the case and stuck in the player. Im just wondering if it may be one of the boards that is bad.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely to be a belt or other mechanical problem.
mrlousi7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie was made in the early 80's with Charlie Sheen, Sherilynn Fenn , Randy Quaid, John Casavettes, etc.
mistercates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrlousi7 wrote:
This movie was made in the early 80's with Charlie Sheen, Sherilynn Fenn , Randy Quaid, John Casavettes, etc.

Which movie are you talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: