CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LD player giveaway a success, one still not spoken for...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raintree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: LD player giveaway a success, one still not spoken for... Reply with quote

Thanks guys for making the LD player giveaway for my Dad a success.

We had 8 players and 7 were taken. So far 5 have shipped, and they all but one arrived unbroken and working. The one that didn't get there safely got a replacement one, so that leaves one still available and two being held for two forum members.

The available player is this one:

PANASONIC LX-120

Fluffy73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free? Just need to pay shipping?

Ok, now I'm curious. What would shipping be to Colville, WA 99114 ?
Raintree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you just pay for the shipping. I send by FedEx, which is why the damaged one was no trouble, as they paid for it without question. USPS is a big pain in that regard.

Send me an email using the button below and I'll get that info for you.

West coast won't be too high as that's where we are..
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS gave me a thankfully small surprise today when I went to send a fixed rate Priority Mail box and it had risen thirty cents the previous Friday, which I didn't know, even after having BEEN on the site a number of times last week.
Raintree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffy73 wrote:
Free? Just need to pay shipping?

Ok, now I'm curious. What would shipping be to Colville, WA 99114 ?

Did not yet get an email from you. Are you still interested?
CEDvince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raintree is great to deal with, and I love the LD-660 that him and his father sent me. It's one of my prized possessions! Also, whoever packed it did a fantastic job.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
Fluffy73

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for disappearing like that. Been having some "life issues" the last few weeks.

Because of that, I probably shouldn't be spending money on something I really don't need.

I do thank you for the offer though.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that you/they are better/resolved now...
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I just bought a CLD-S304 Karaoke model with AC3 out for 10 dollars even though I could tell it needs at least one belt and I've still got to get the CLS-2070 loading okay. I should finish them, and I'm tied up for another month on buying an Pioneer RT-909 reel to reel deck and Christmas presents. Still don't know how or where the Frankenstereo parts and repair are at either. I've already got TWO working LF players...the discs aren't hard to find and it is worth it to own one, I encourage you to go for it.
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: LD player giveaway a success, one still not spoken for.. Reply with quote

Raintree wrote:
We had 8 players and 7 were taken. So far 5 have shipped, and they all but one arrived unbroken and working. The one that didn't get there safely got a replacement one, so that leaves one still available and two being held for two forum members. ]

And I was the one who got the broken one, and its replacement. And I love mine Smile It has its nice dedicated input on my 60" Samsung PDP60 3DTV and it performs well. I was just watching Apocalypse Now on it. The shipping costs aren't much, and you will not be disappointed.

My thanks to Chris for going above and beyond the call of duty on this.
cheese129

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: laserdisc player Reply with quote

the one u sent me works great and so did the 2 free discs
slatton86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are still holding that Pioneer for me...

I am sorry I have not been around, I was a special kind of broke there for a bit, then I forgot. Feel free to let someone else have it if you haven't already.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raintree hasn't really been here since last December anyhow. I gather I'm simply chewed on getting the SGT 090 back for even Tony or someone to finish.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensync, I'm sure Raintree probably isn't checking the forum because it wasn't his thing. He was just posting some stuff for Rixrex. It would be nice to have Rick back on here but in the meantime maybe instead of complaining about that franken-player every other thread just send Rick a Christmas card and see how he is doing. He would probably love to hear from someone in the group and it would be nice to know how his recovery is going. But that's just my two cents. I don't think I have his home address, just his business one. But Tony is the one who sent him the get well card courtesy of the group so he should have a home mailing address, but after this long there is no telling if it's still current.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not complaining about it every other thread. The email hasn't bounced to either one either. If I were such a pessimist then why would I still be buying CEDs or paying shipping for several free ones when the only other player I have is broken?

I'm not getting any answers either. Why, if you're so gung ho and all haven't you at least tried to figure it out?

I bought another machine and sent it to help with the repair process as well.

I feel as badly for Rick as everyone else but I also have money involved in the whole thing and I've had a friend trying to help my get it home on their FedEx account even and that has been almost two years ago. All I wanted was to get the thing back and go to Plan B. What was so hard about that?

And I'm still apparently spending $75 for the shipping on oldguy's free CEDs even so. Come down to earth, if you would, Josh, I've got a lot of other things I really have to do as well (pass a housing inspection Thursday is a really important one).

If I didn't want to use CEDs I wouldn't have them or be here. It's also cold here in Oregon, even without snow...that's coming though, I feel it.

I have nothing against Rick. I'd like to get some closure though, or I'd just shrug it off.

Sorry.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya bud, chill. Things can get crazy, thats life. Not trying to tell you what to do or how to live your life, just trying to offer up some suggestions to help out. If you email me your address I will send you out a working stereo player, free of charge, I'll even cover shipping for you. Not a big deal. I know how it can be sometimes and its just nice when things can go your way once in a while. I feel the CED group is like family and I hate when there is fighting. We are better than those LD and VHS collectors. Gotta stick together man. Merry Christmas.

Josh
videodiscjunkie@gmail.com
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to fix the SGT 250 so that I have a player in the living room and the bedroom setups.
slatton86

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to take on the SGT-250 if you are interested. I honestly don't have the cash to cover shipping or any needed parts, but I will do it for the experience and a reference.

I'm not a hard core CED guy like all of you, but I don't like seeing any tech sitting around broken.

I guess I should ask, what's wrong with the player?

I have a SGT-200 that didn't need much, but I have parted it out and rebuilt just to make sure I had it figured out, and I rebuilt that Hitachi clone and I believe it would work great if I get the stylus rebuilt again.

BTW I'll give that player to anyone who would want to get the stylus rebuilt, just cover shipping.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashing L, faceplate being bent is not a big deal but it slipped and fell about 1.5 feet onto the bedroom floor a while back and was going to get Rick's stabilizer belts to cure the sticking problem.

It was playing and had good audio but for the sticking problem before that.

I could probably open it and figure some of it out, maybe fix it.
slatton86

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have the "L" and not garbage, your board is probably ok, just a mechanical issue, lube and belts for the sticking.

It's time to dig out the Irish cream and xmass tree, I just wanted to get that in here real quick. My daughter wants a "player with big disks because they don't put squares on the TV" this year. She means LD but the point stands, she's got a v2600 coming.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine fell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: