CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help Fixing SGT-200!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Need Help Fixing SGT-200! Reply with quote

This is one I have no solution for. Maybe someone out there will know.

I just aquired a SGT-200 off ebay. Listing said that it only displayed a black and white picture. My first thought was changing the turntable belt. But upon testing the player...the black & white picture is there as discribed, there's no sound. The player has trouble tracking a disc on start-up. When it does track...the picture is black & white, there's no sound, the display shows "--", and PAUSE is the only button that wants to work.

According to Tom's Player Repair Solutions...all but the sound and black & white picture point to a faulty 15 volt regulator. This is a really nice player with no surface marks and the stylus looks brand new. This is the first player that has troubled me ever. I have an SGT-075 for parts if any on it will fix the SGT-200. Please help!

Thankx
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried changing the U3801 15 volt regulator on SGT-200. There was no change. The regulator came from a working player, an SGT-075. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh...and the stylus works on my SFT-100...so it isn't the cause.
mnallard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special Thankx are in order! This SGT-200 has been saved! I owe a big thank you to DJ and CEDatum for their support!

The problem was with a faulty L3404 component (marked L404 on the PW3000 signal board). I replaced it with a good one from my SGT-075 parts player and it now works! Keep this part in mind should you ever run across this problem. Not sure if the J/K line of players also have this component but will try to find out.

Keep those CEDs playing!
mnallard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player is now up for sale on my web site. Those interested, visit:

www.geocities.com/atariunderground/players.html

I think this price is fair considering the labor involved. This player does have one small scratch on the top but the player is actually only 5 days old! No...that's no misprint. The person I obtained it from said that the original owner only used it for 2 days when they bought it new, then stored it away in a plastic bag. When the second owner received it, it never worked thus, they sold it to me.

This player is in near mint condition...one of only 2 players I've ever seen in this condition. Price includes shipping!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: