CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your single most favorite disc you own?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: What is your single most favorite disc you own? Reply with quote

I would have to say that of all my discs, if I had to pick one, it would be my Tribute to Toscanini test disc. I purchased the disc from a Sherry Royce who is the wife of RCA Engineer Martin Royce. From the letter I received about the disc, Martin was a developer of TV technology rather than the Selectavision CED program. But when the program ended these discs were made available for the engineers and other employees to take home. That is how he obtained the disc. Then I purchased it from him in January 2013. I think it is probably my favourite because of the history that came with it and it being owned by someone working for RCA during the CED time frame. It is also something that is very rare and I can't say I've ever seen another one.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always said The Wrath of Khan has always been my favorite, but I also love love love, Halloween II, Then I think of Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park is a personal favorite. So maybe it is possible to say what is my favorite CED in each genre? If you would bear with me on that, it would be easier!!!!
SKT-100
Mayor West

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the whole reason I found this wonderful site and forum, The Great Space Coaster Super Show! I am not even sure it works, but, I now have more discs and a small hobby growing! Thanks all!

SJT300
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a real toughie because when you throw in interactive discs my decision making skills get a little harder to operate haha
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite in terms of rarity would probably be the 1984 Compuvision disc I have, since I didn't even know it existed until I got it and the dated material is just so much fun.

Favorite just in terms of content, probably Picture Music, a collection of music videos- all of them are great (with the exception of George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone") and represent the era perfectly. Runner-up is probably the Duran Duran video album, one of the first discs I was on the lookout for when I got a player. The Great Space Coaster disc is of course in the top 10 as well.
systemcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard pick between two discs. They only stand out to me since they were in the original collection I had and date back to when I was a toddler for my parents owning them at first.

Either:
The Black Stallion
or
Disney Cartoon Parade Volume 2
vicjeffreys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to pick Star Trek the motion picture because my mom worked for RCA and it was one of the first disc we owned and I use to watch it over and over at the age of four until the first disc got stuck in our SJT-200 and broke as we tried to remove it that was a said day for me as a child.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicjeffreys wrote:
I would have to pick Star Trek the motion picture because my mom worked for RCA and it was one of the first disc we owned and I use to watch it over and over at the age of four until the first disc got stuck in our SJT-200 and broke as we tried to remove it that was a said day for me as a child.

That's the way I was with Wrath of Khan, (except I was a grown man) Wrath of Khan was only one of two of the 12 Trek movies I didn't get to see at the theater. When I bought my player in August 1982, I quickly found , The Motion picture, and a few of the series discs, then one day I went to the store where I bought my discs, and there it was!! I loved the art work, I was on third shift back then, and I brought it home, and my boys and I watched it, and I watched it again!!! Then went to bed, and when I got up and watched it a third time!!!
SKT-100
vicjeffreys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's the way I was with Wrath of Khan, (except I was a grown man) Wrath of Khan was only one of two of the 12 Trek movies I didn't get to see at the theater. When I bought my player in August 1982, I quickly found , The Motion picture, and a few of the series discs, then one day I went to the store where I bought my discs, and there it was!! I loved the art work, I was on third shift back then, and I brought it home, and my boys and I watched it, and I watched it again!!! Then went to bed, and when I got up and watched it a third time!!!

The Wrath of Khan has always been one of the trek films I watch over and over as well being a Trekkie and all I'm not sure why we did have it when I was a kid my mom ended up getting three or four boxes of movies from Rockville Road when they closed the doors in 86 we lived in Indplis,IN back then. Maybe she didn't see it on the list they gave out to order the movies for RCA workers in the end.

Oh and by the way Scott my Laser discs came in mail last week thinks!!You've always got the best stuff I be back to buy more when I get some extra cash.
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicjeffreys wrote:

Thats sad buddy,i do hope you got another one!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: