CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terrytoons CED question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Wrong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Terrytoons CED question Reply with quote

OK, I just noticed there are two Terrytoon CED discs out there:

Best of Terrytoons, The (Mighty Mouse et. al.) {28485015012}
Terrytoons Volume 1 Featuring Mighty Mouse {76476015039}

Similar titles and similar packaging, but the Best of disc doesn't list contents. Are these discs identical in content? I'm a collector of kid vid and cult movies and I'm more interested in unique content than packaging differences.

Thanks!
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: RE: The Best of Terrytoons vs. Terrytoons Volume 1 Reply with quote

The content of the two Terrytoons titles is completely different. I compiled this listing for "The Best of Terrytoons," as the cartoon titles aren't listed on the caddy of that disc:

01:05 Mother Goose's Birthday Party (Mighty Mouse)
06:15 The Missing Genie (Luno the flying horse)
12:07 Kin Folk (Deputy Dawg)
17:40 Duck Fever (The Terry Bears)
24:00 The Talking Magpies (Heckle and Jeckle precursor)
30:05 The Cat's Revenge (Little Roquefort)
36:24 Mexican Baseball (Gandy Goose)
42:48 Much Ado About Nothing (Dinky)
49:21 Drum Roll (Hector Heathcoat)

So the above title is one-sided with 9 cartoons, in contrast to RCA's two-sided "Terrytoons Volume 1" with 15 cartoons. But the Vestron title has more variety, as each cartoon is about a unique character, while the RCA disc has eight Mighty Mouse cartoons.

--Tom Howe

Last edited by cedmagic on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Wrong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Throw another title on the want list. Very Happy
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Another Terrytoons Disc Reply with quote

For the sake of completeness, there is one other Terrytoons VideoDisc, but it is a nearly nonexistent test pressing. This disc contains 44 cartoons and is banded for interactive use. The contents are provided on the RCA CED Test Disc Listing:

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/demo-program/test-discs.html#7647660301

This disc was to be used in a McDonald's kiosk containing a SKT400 VideoDisc player, but the project was canceled when RCA announced the end of the CED system in April 1984.

--Tom Howe
ckaplan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: How do we know that disc was headed to McDonalds? Reply with quote

Tom,

I also have a copy of that McDonalds pressing, and I was also told when I got it that it was to be part of a kiosk, but I am curious if anyone has any more information about that.

Any old press releases, or McDonalds notes ?

Just curious.

Thanks
CK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: