CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Thumbs :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: 10 Thumbs :( Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I know most of you, and have been back into the format for 5 years. I lurked here for a year before I made the plunge. I bought an SGT-250 in 1982, and was hooked! I was devastated when RCA pulled the plugged. I hated any type of "tape" and was very happy collecting the discs. So, getting back into it, was amazing. It's almost like the 80s all over again. Having said that. I am so disgusted because I can't seem to do anything to repair or fix these players. I have tried and it seems I make It worse than when I started. I have been to 2 of the workshops, and am signed up for the upcoming one. I am planning to host the one in 2015, at my house. Anyway, can anyone give me some advice on what to do to help myself get better at making the minor adjustments? Thanks in advance for the advice. Very Happy
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad about it. Some people are just better at other things than working on electronics devices.

I think you can do it, as I recall you did pretty good with the LD players that had problems just from written instructions.

The only suggestion I have is to keep trying, and maybe get a beat up cheap player that you take apart and re-assemble with new belts and such, doing it in small steps and carefully over a period of time.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick, that's great advice. I have one I have decided to sacrifice for just that reason. Smile
SKT-100
Coffindan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routine maintenance and trouble shooting will be the thing I will have to get used to once I get my player. Any advice as to when to go through the player and look for anything out of the ordinary? Do you just clean the stylus when you start to notice problems or should there be preliminary maintenance?
Dude111

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welk seeing how fast the tutrntable turns,its no surprise they need maintence as often as they do..... (Ya need a good belt that doesnt give way)

Good luck my friend,its good seeing ya get into it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: