CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turntable issues...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Turntable issues... Reply with quote

I think this may have been addressed previously, but I don't recall the resolution.

I had somebody give me two SJT 090s, and one worked fine, but the other has a turntable issue.

The turntable, once a disc is loaded, will not spin and does the back and forth wobble, as if it is getting a mixed signal from the motor coil (like AC current flip-flop motion). I suspect something to do with the coil circuitry, but also perhaps the magnetic ring under the turntable. When in unloaded status, the turntable pegs against the disc lift arm. When off, it is freewheeling as normal.

Did this issue ever get discussed before?
Daxi Don

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: J/K Turntable problem. Reply with quote

Yes, I have seen the problem that Rixrex describes and have fixed the problem on several players. The turntable in the J/K player is direct drive. The ring magnet under the turntable is pulsed to rotate by 4 amplifiers that are switched on and off in sequence by the player Mechanical Micro. When one of the ampifiers has an electronic problem it can cause several operational problems including not spinning and flipping back and forth in the load mode.
Do the following. With the player ON and in the load mode, check the voltages on the pins of IC 5902. If they are not as shown in the Service Manual chart replace the IC. If the voltages on IC 5902 are correct then check the motor coil drive transistors. Check these at test points TP7. TP8 TP3 and TP4. Replace the bad part(s).
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I thought as much regarding the coils (amplifiers) from prior experience with AC motors, but didn't think about the IC.

I've got the test meter, but no manual. Anyone with a manual that can supply the voltages?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this help?

i assume its a 3 prong transistor, base emitter collector?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: