CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5,000 disc collection and 122 players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: 5,000 disc collection and 122 players. Reply with quote

So about 2 years ago someone posted a link to an article about a guy who had a massive collection. Well I was browsing the web and came across this and it appears to be the same guy selling his collection to a "museum". Check it out for yourself.

http://www.pcmuseum.ca/story_ced.asp
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blind fury, I notice your probably the closest to this place, about 3 hours away. You probably have the most knowledge of what to look for too. It would be great if you could go check out this guys collection and see if there is anything spectacular. We would love to see pics.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I remember this! The museum is in Canada! They got so many players I couldn't believe the pictures! I asked the guy who runs the museum to keep me updated on all the players but he never came back here nor did he ever email me Sad I wouldn't mind seeing what he has still though! I am pretty sure they are still with him as I would have noticed that many part players from one seller.

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1899&highlight=ced+museum

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose one could go and visit if it's not too far away. They might appreciate a visit from someone who really knows about CED players, since they have so many.
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Computer museum Reply with quote

I had never heard of this until now. I actually live approx. 2 hours from that place. Incredible. Too bad nothing seems to be for sale....
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as it doesnt end up in the dump! man imagine how many load belts that guy will need!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know until you ask. Some players might be for sale if they have over 100 of them. Just like when Ketonic got his 4000s by asking for a disc.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does actually appear that this guy sells off stuff to pay for his museum. I talked to him on facebook a little bit and he said they haven't even begun to start cataloguing the lot yet. He seems to think that just because he has 5,000 discs he must have at least 1 of every one released. Not likely but it could be possible. Anyways, he want to make a website with images and details of every title. I told him about the CED Magic website and he said he looked at it but didn't like the layout so he's just going to make his own. I can only imagine how long that's going to take him.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all I can say is, the CED website is great and simple. Best way to get to know about these things is through a simple and easily accessed site.

But I know there are people who want all the bells and whistles of a complex, interactive, and overactive website. They also tend to lean towards too many graphics and lettering on black backgrounds that you can't read easily.
CEDvince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 5,000 discs, at least 50 of them have to be On Golden Pond.

And I like the CEDmagic site too, its easy on my eyes.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
Husker Du

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the collection when it was first offered for sale. This was a few months before the museum bought it. It was posted on Kijiji. It filled the person’s entire basement. Even though he had most of the CED titles and multiple copies of many titles, I don’t believe that he had every commercially available CED or ever CED for that matter. I would say about 98 or 99% of all the titles. The CED that I remember him having the most of was Ordinary People. He had an entire shelf full of them and many were sealed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: