CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CueCat Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: CueCat Program Reply with quote

I really like the program that Tom made full of CED titles. I would like to do the same with my DVD,VHS, and Beta Max tapes. Is there a easy way to creat what he did in execel?
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: RE: Excel Macro for Other Video Formats Reply with quote

It would be possible to use the macro to automatically catalog other video formats with the CueCat scanner, but it would require making an Excel worksheet containing, for example, all the Betamax titles ever released in one column, and their corresponding UPC's in an adjacent column. I don't believe anyone has ever attempted this for Betamax or VHS. There is an online LaserDisc database that, with access to the raw data, could probably be parsed to extract Title/UPC:

http://www.lddb.com/

Incidentally, there are still plenty of CueCat scanners out there. This liquidator has 2 million units which he will sell at 30 cents each. The catch is you have to buy 500,000 of them to get that price!

http://www.goldensurplus.com/used-computer-hardware.htm

--Tom Howe
Captain Wrong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other programs out there that will do this. For example, I use Readerware. I purchased the full suite, but if you just want the video application, I think it's like $40. The only catch I've found is I have to tweak the data a little to my liking (it pulls information from sites such as Amazon and IMDB) but for the most part I'm pleased.

I don't know if it will do Beta though. I've cataloged my lasers, but I had to drag and drop them from the Lddb. It wasn't that big a deal since I already had them logged in there.

Hope that helps.
Wester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a LD database? Where is it at?
Wester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. I Googled it, I can't believe I never thought to look for a LD site like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: