CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: Spam Messages on CED Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Spam Messages on CED Forum Reply with quote

>>>>>>>>
mnallard wrote:
Why are people, like this one, think that this forum is about this kind of stuff? I do take offense to stuff like this. I'll admit...I'm no saint...but this isn't the place for stuff like this. TOM...isn't there any way to stop >this?
I know RCA released some Playboy discs for the CED players...but I
feel that this comment is NOT appropriate. Sorry.

>>>>>>>>
Captain Wrong wrote:
mnallard, these are what we in the IT industry call spambots. Theres not a person behind that screen name. It's just a program designed to >get on any message board it can and print that message. The person behind the script doesn't care what the message board is really about, >just that it's there to be spammed.

There really isn't a way to stop it, you can slow it down to an extent, but even then some stuff is going to slip through the cracks.

Just ignore it. That's really the best solution.

>>>>>>>>
Tom Howe wrote:
Spam posts to CED Forum generally have a very short lifespan, as I delete them as soon as I see them, and I visit the forum several times a week. Usually the whole topic is deleted, as that's the only way to get rid of offensive topic lines. As Captain Wrong states above, these are often Spambots that automatically try the image verification over and over again until they guess it right and can join the forum.

And there are some companies overseas that hire real people to subscribe to forums all day long and post spam messages. These companies advertise themselves as "Google Rank Improvers" because at present Google ranks sites according to how many other sites link to them. By including a link when the spammer subscribes, it looks to Google that the site being spammed is providing such a link. CED Forum would have about 10,000 members by now if I didn't clean these fake ones out every few days.
Wester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to help Moderate the site if you need some help. I usually check the board daily if not several times a day. Not to mention spammers really tick me off. Just thought I'd offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: