CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi vp1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Hitachi vp1000 Reply with quote

After hanging small want ad's everywhere in Charleston a guy I work with brought me in a Hitachi vip1000 that belonged to his father in law. It powered up andall seamed right with the world....until I got home and looked it up here. As a newbie I didn't realize how hard it was to get parts or stylus for them, it also says there are a remote and a stereo adapter for the player as well. Does anyone have any extra bits for the Hitachi?? or suggestions?

TY
Harry
The RJ Special
-Zenith VP 2000 (SGT 200)
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at all of the various stylus options over at the stylus page and have a question that I'm not sure if it was ever asked. For a little more than 20 years I have been in the plastic injection molding field, the last while as a process engineer and some tooling work, in looking at the stylus they are all molded products which means that somewhere is a mold. Has anyone here or at CEDatum ever looked into the molding of the stylus?? Cost effective wise not a great idea unless you have access to plastic and tooling, since moving here to charleston area I have talked to a few plastics companies about work and found a firm interested in me giving me access to both plastic and a machine.

Harry
The RJ Special
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the stereo adapter is almost non-existant and the remote might as well be sadly...

the stylus' can still be found though
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd, I can't even find a picture of the remote or the adapter. There's a part number on the Hitachi page but nothing shows in a Google search.
The RJ Special
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L8gr8harry wrote:
It's odd, I can't even find a picture of the remote or the adapter. There's a part number on the Hitachi page but nothing shows in a Google search.

i only know one person with one, hes got a picture in his photobucket somewhere...
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi vp1000 Reply with quote

L8gr8harry wrote:
After hanging small want ad's everywhere in Charleston a guy I work with brought me in a Hitachi vip1000 that belonged to his father in law. It powered up andall seamed right with the world....until I got home and looked it up here. As a newbie I didn't realize how hard it was to get parts or stylus for them, it also says there are a remote and a stereo adapter for the player as well. Does anyone have any extra bits for the Hitachi?? or suggestions?

TY
Harry

That stereo adapter did not sell too well. Most discs at the time that machine came out were mono anyway, so people buying CED players didn't want to shell out extra especially when their TV only had an RF input. Later on, the stereo models came out and there was no need for adapters.

If you have the stylus, CEDatum can rebuild it when necessary.

Belts are not that hard to find, the players take a pretty standard size. The stylus arm loading belt is tough to change if it's broken because you have to manually get the arm out of the way. The disc tray loading belt is less tough, but you have to lift off the circuit panel above it carefully. The stylus arm advancing belt is a wide tooth geared belt that I've never yet seen go bad. I just did this job on a Hitachi clone Sears player.

They are pretty nice players overall, when working right, and they are pretty quiet. The Sears one I have is stereo and runs like a top. It's not that good of a player to do your initial leaning of CED mechanics and technology on, the RCA ones are better for that.
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just knowing the stuff exists makes you want to find it, once I get the Hitachi working ill have to start my great quest.
I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy good with tools, but electronics still scare the heck outa me. Going to take this project slooooooow.
Ty
The RJ Special
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: